Thursday, January 26, 2012

oh the weather outside is... ???

Texas weather.  Gotta love it!  Cold one day, hot the next!  Cloudy and rainy today, clear and sunny tomorrow! Drive to work with the heater on full blast, drive home with the AC cranked up.  On second thought, maybe I don't love it?  Hate it? Strongly dislike it?  Maybe the real question is....

How are we supposed to know what to wear every day?  

If you are like me, and I know I'm not alone... you hardly know what to put on in the morning these days.  It's January & sometimes it feels like June! Do I dress like it's supposed to feel in January?  Get all bundled up with a warm scarf and cute legwarmers?  At least I know I'll be warm during the day because my classroom feels like Antarctica.  No exaggeration.  You can hang meat in there! But what if it's 75 degrees out by the time I go home?  There's been a time or two that my choice of clothing turns into a bad decision right around the time I feel myself glistening (because girls don't sweat).  It's almost like you can hear other people's thoughts... Did she think it was gonna snow today?  No,  I didn't, thank you very much.  It was cold this morning! Now take your flip flops & run along.

I guess when it all comes down to it, I know myself, and I know what I'll always end up doing.  I will stick to my hot layers and winter fashions because heaven forbid I feel like I'm dressed out of season.  I'm one of those "You can't wear white after Labor Day." kinda girls.  Not until it's officially spring will I feel it's appropriate to bust out the sandals and shorts.  Until then, like my mom always says... It's better to look good than feel good.  Even if that means I might pass out from heat exhaustion.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Totally feel you on this one! I think Ive worn my coat one time this year! That is such crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I'm all about the layers sister. But im not happy with this warmer weather---I blame obama.

      Delete